Six Rock Island-Milan School District staff members were recognized by the Regional Office of Education with an Excellence in Education Award.
The award is new this year, started by the Rock Island County Regional Office of Education to honor teachers, school support personnel, substitute teachers, volunteers, and friends of education throughout the Rock Island County region. A banquet was planned for April 2, 2020, An Evening of Excellence in Education, to recognize the award winners. Unfortunately, the event was canceled due to the pandemic.
In lieu of a gathering, the individuals were honored through a two-page advertisement in The Dispatch highlighting the recipients. Awards were delivered to the individual school districts so that the superintendent could personally congratulate each winner.
"We are extremely proud that we have so many wonderful individuals to recognize for all of the work and dedication to our students and their families," said Superintendent Dr. Reginald Lawrence II.
Tammy Muerhoff, Regional Education Office Superintendent, also praised the individuals for their work. "I would like to express my sincere congratulations for being honored for your dedication to youth in our region through the Excellence in Education awards."
Honorees from RIMSD #41 include:
- Charles Butler, Jr., Head of Security and Community Liaison, Rock Island High School
- Julie Smith, Secretary, Teaching and Learning Department, Administration Center
- Jeff Hoskins, Data Program Manager, Technology Department, Administration Center
- Tim Derry, Building Operations, Administration Center
- Donna Manning, Parent Engagement Liaison, Frances Willard Elementary
- Dave Rockwell, RIMSD #41 Board of Education Member
Mr Charles Butler and Superintendent Dr. Lawrence
Julie Smith and Superintendent Dr. Lawrence
Superintendent Dr. Lawrence and Dave Rockwell